At the beginning of November I committed to blogging daily as part of NaNoWriMo as a way of trying to get myself back in the blogging habit and doing some daily writing. I managed to get to about day 16 or so, not bad, but then I became ridiculously grumpy and blogging just wasn’t doing it for me. It became like another chore and not something enjoyable. I also felt like it was pointless and that I was just wittering away on my blog without really anything meaningful to say – I have a half written post on attending parents’ evening that literally tipped me over the edge. At first I felt guilty and then I decided to cut myself so slack and just accept that the blogging was not working for me. What did I learn through half a month of daily blogging?! Here are a few reflections….
- Its hard! It is also enjoyable but also frustrating to think of new things to blog every day without becoming super inane
- November is an insanely busy month. This was part of the problem that I stopped blogging as I was blogging on the soft at 11pm when I should have been in bed and was just exhausted. I also had a number of evening engagements and so that meant I got “behind”
- On the plus side I did quite like the regularity of blogging and was surprised at the things I wanted to blog about
- I also managed to get some old blogs that I had wanted to post out of the way which was refreshing
- Would I do it again? Maybe. In fact now I feel inspired to – such an optimist! I think I would need to try to think through a few topics relating to things I was doing or have a theme – when I blogged a poem a day it was easier.
- Or maybe plan to write at a particular time.
- All in all I think this has encouraged me to think through my blog for 2022 and a few things I want to post about and put in my regular blogging slot
- So whilst I might not have reached nirvana of blogging every day, I did enjoy it, mostly! And it has inspired me to start blogging again – despite hiding from the blog for other a month
- Happy christmas!!